DING! I am full of ideas. I always have been. I always begin something and then get board with it rather quickly. I used to love to trail run. For like, 8 times then for no good reason, I stopped. I used to know how to knit. But, I will always love dessert.

Today we make: Roasted Peaches and Cream Popsicles! Paletas are one of my very favorite summertime treats and Joe will never turn down anything peaches and cream.

My oven is still not connected but, I am resourceful and my cuisanart toaster oven will have to do the heavy lifing of roasting my peaches for me today. (Thank you Cohens for the wedding gift that has made a year without an oven tolerable.)

For the last few weeks I have been making paletas like crazy. I’m a little obsessed.

The recipes are so easy.0819171753.jpg

First make a simple syrup with sugar and water on the stove and let cool.

Then blend 80% of your fruit until smooth. (I use a vitamix because it is the blender I have.) Once you have a smooth consistency then add in the other 20% and blend until you have some small chunks throughout.  And here is the secret: taste it. The amount of simple sugar you will need will vary from batch to batch. I know, not really rocket science. But really, taste it and make it sweeter with your cooled simple syrup.

Some things that I have learned. Things are not as sweet after they are frozen. You want your base to be crazy sweet.

Peel your peaches by boiling for a minute or two and plunging in ice-water. The skins are a little unsettling.

To get beautiful creamy swirls: Sweeten some half and half, or don’t, I prefered it sweet whereas Joe thought that unsweetened was a nice change. Fill your mold 2/3 full and then add the cream. Using a clean popsicle stick swirl that cream in and make sure you get the sides. Freeze overnight.

The cream doesn’t set as hard as a non-creamy like ginger-basil-lemonade. (Yeah, that is flavor I am working on perfecting too).  So setting overnight prevents stick slippage.

Go out and buy a big popsicle freezer bike because all of the sudden you are making the best popsicle that you have ever tasted.